ATTENTION: Former Broadcom Employees
Centaur wants to connect with the CPU Design Engineers affected by the October 2016 lay-offs at Broadcom! Please submit your resume through our website, so that we can share it with our engineering teams. We are currently actively hiring in Physical Design, Microprocessor Architecture, and Design Verification, but we are always interested in talented CPU Design Engineers in all areas.
Senior Level openings
Senior ASIC Physical Design Engineer
The candidate will be a key member of the Synthesis and Physical Design team for a next generation Centaur microprocessor.
- Implement ASIC designs for CPU-based SOCs.
- Drive logic synthesis and physical implementation of an RTL to GDS flow, including floorplanning, synthesis, placement, IO budgeting, clock distribution, and ECO.
- Work with front-end developers on all aspects of physical design flow.
- Multiple successful tapeouts in multi-million cell designs at frequencies exceeding 1 GHz.
- Multiple successful tapeouts in 28nm and smaller technologies.
- Recent successful tapeouts using industry tools – DC, ICC, ICC2, Genus, and/or Innovus
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as TCL, perl and unix shell.
- Internal and external IP integration experience.
- Competency in reading and comprehending Verilog and SystemVerilog RTL.
- 5+ years of experience in synthesis and physical design
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Entry Level Design Verification/Architectural Validation Engineer
As a member of Centaur’s CPU Design Verification team, you will design x86 processor test suites utilizing C/C++ and write test cases in x86 assembler to test new x86 microprocessors. In addition, you will perform debug of test failures and work with engineering staff to resolve design details or problems.
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer engineering
- Requires strong C/C++ and assembly language skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Good understanding of PC architecture (memory, I/O, interrupts, devices) is desirable.
- Experience with logic analyzers/oscilloscopes is desirable.
Apply Online Here
Additional Contact Information:
Centaur Technology, Inc. works only with agencies previously approved by Recruiting. Do not submit resumes without first working through Centaur’s agency vendor process. Agencies may only submit resumes for positions approved in advance by Recruiting (posted to this web-site). Failure to follow this process may result in the cancellation or refusal of any contract and cancellation of any fees to offending agency. In addition, all resumes submitted by such an offending agency will become the property of Centaur Technology, Inc.